The National Institute of Senior Centers (NISC) is committed to supporting and strengthening the nation’s 11,000 senior centers through best practices, professional development, advocacy, research, and national standards for senior centers.
Focused on the needs of senior center professionals
NISC leadership, senior center professionals, and the National Council on Aging's (NCOA) staff work in partnership to address the issues that are most important to you, the older adults you serve, and your communities. NCOA’s advocacy team ensures that your concerns are heard on Capitol Hill.
Membership is free, and as a NISC Affiliate, you will receive concise e-newsletters focused on the issues you care about—policies that affect funding, grants, and awards you can apply for. In addition, all NISC Affiliates have free access to NCOA’s newly funded Modernizing Senior Centers Resource Center, where you can find resources and specialized programming that you can adapt for your senior center.
Benefits of NISC membership
As an affiliate member of NISC, you're connected to a national network of professional support and innovative solutions.
As a NISC Affiliate, you will:
- Get the latest news, including funding opportunities
- Find resources and specialized programming ideas
- Access Building Excellence, the national standards for senior centers
- Find education and training opportunities to see what's working at senior centers nationwide
- Have access to special National Senior Center Month tools and resources
- Enjoy discounted access to online learning designed for senior center professionals (Center for Aging and Disability Education and Research at Boston University School of Social Work)
- Be listed on NCOA's map of NISC affiliated senior centers
- Have an opportunity to serve on the NISC Leadership Collaborative or a NISC workgroup
- And be able to take advantage of these helpful resources:
When you join NISC, you are instantly connected to a national network of professional support and innovative solutions. Ask for help, share an opinion, or get your next big idea within the NISC network.