For your most urgent needs
- Do you need meals? Visit Meals on Wheels and Feeding America for options in your zip code.
- Do you need help paying your bills? On BenefitsCheckUp.org, you’ll find options in your state to help with utility bill payments, prescription drug costs, and more.
- Do you need help with Medicare? Get advice from the Senior Medicare Patrol, your local State Health Insurance Assistance Program or from Medicare.gov.
- Are you in distress? Talk with someone at the Disaster Distress Hotline or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
- Do you need transportation? Go to Eldercare Locator for local services.
Staying Healthy, Safe, and Connected
Summer Reflections on Staying Safe
The situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is changing rapidly. Here is the latest advice from public health experts about the best way to protect yourself and to reduce the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19.
Congress invests in most pressing needs, but budget restrictions remain
House appropriators are acting quickly to move FY21 funding bills through the committee process and floor debate. They aim to have all twelve pieces of legislation approved by the end of July. While COVID-19 relief legislation is taking up the country’s attention, these funding bills also have high stakes. We have advice for advocates who want to make sure older adults are supported.
Village Connector Experience: Reaffirming, Rebuilding, and Rejecting Social Isolation
The pandemic has heightened everyone’s sense of isolation to unparalleled levels, due to required physical distancing. If we don’t address this need differently, then loneliness will deepen, especially in older adults, impacting their mental and physical health.
Finding Affordable Food
Social distancing means older adults are struggling to safely get and afford food. Here are some options to help.
Share Your Story
Tell us how COVID-19 is impacting your life.
Get answers to your most commonly asked questions, so you can stay safe.
Key COVID-19 Resources
Find links to key resources with information for older adults and caregivers.