Malnutrition develops when the body does not get the nutrients it needs to stay healthy.
Watch this video to learn more about malnutrition and how you can combat it.
Learn 5 facts about malnutrition:
- Malnourished individuals can come in all sizes.
- Malnutrition affects all groups of people.
- Malnutrition can come from several factors, including reduced appetite, poor dental health, chronic conditions, depression, living along, and limited income.
- You can't always prevent or treat malnutrition by eating more.
- Malnutrition has many warning signs, including muscle weakness, fatigue, depression, increased illness or infection, unplanned weightloss, and decreased appetite.