Our Savvy Saving Seniors® financial education toolkit contains everything you need to host a workshop in your community.
This toolkit covers info on budgeting tips, benefits of banking, and how to find and apply for benefits.
Learn how to frame the training as empowering participants to take advantage of available resources and begin making incremental steps to economic security.
For many disadvantaged older adults, the path to economic security begins with basic money management. Learning how to budget, avoid scams, apply for benefits, and manage prepaid debit cards can help them stay secure and independent longer.
With support from the Bank of America Charitable Foundation, NCOA developed this toolkit to help professionals educate older adults about good money skills. Use it to hold a Savvy Saving Seniors® financial education workshop in your community!
This toolkit covers budgeting tips, money management tips and tricks, benefits of banking, budget busters to avoid, and how to find and apply for benefits.
Each Savvy Saving Seniors® toolkit comes with all of the marketing, facilitation, participant, and other materials needed to successfully conduct a financial education workshop. Specifically, you’ll get:
- Marketing flyer to publicize the workshop in your community.
- Training guide: Get step-by-step instructions on how to host a 90-minute training workshop. The guide includes a script for the full program curriculum, helpful tips for facilitators, frequently asked questions, and additional resources.
- Presentation slides: Use the PowerPoint presentation during the workshop, and even personalize it using your organization’s name and contact information.
- Participant handbook: The handbook is for older adults to use during and after the workshop. Handbooks include quizzes, checklists, frequently asked questions, and useful links to more information.
- Evaluation forms: Let us know what you and the seniors in your workshop think of the Savvy Saving Seniors® program!