Extra Help can save low-income Medicare beneficiaries thousands of dollars each year on their Part D costs.
While some people get Extra Help automatically, others must apply.
Learn how to help your clients complete and submit an LIS application.
The Extra Help program, also called the Medicare Low-income Subsidy (LIS), can be very valuable for Medicare beneficiaries, savings thousands of dollars on their Part D prescription drug costs.
This guide offers tips to counselors to complete the Medicare Part D Low Income Subsidy (LIS/Extra Help) application with their clients. It walks through:
- The benefits of the Extra Help program for consumers
- The different levels (full and partial) of Extra Help and how to qualify for these
- Tips for completing the application successfully
- What happens after an application is submitted
- How to help your clients select a drug plan