We can all help prevent suicide.
During Suicide Prevention Month in September, mental health advocates, prevention organizations, survivors, allies, and community members unite in promoting emotional well-being and preventing suicide.
Join us for this webinar, as we highlight community-based programs and resources that can help older adults.
This webinar is intended to raise awareness about suicide and highlight strategies to help professionals, consumers, families, and communities understand the role they can play in promoting emotional well-being and preventing suicide.
Speakers will discuss the impact of suicide, the implementation of 9-8-8 for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, and highlight community-based programs and resources that can help.
This webinar is hosted by the Administration for Community Living (ACL), the National Coalition on Mental Health and Aging, and the National Council on Aging.
- Rep. Susan Wild, Pennsylvania’s 7th District, U.S. Congress
- Dr. Laura Shannonhouse, Associate Professor, Georgia State University
- Kimberly Williams, President and CEO, Vibrant Emotional Health (New York)
- Amy Miller, Senior Services Manager Jefferson Center for Mental Health (CO)
- Brian Altman (Moderator), Deputy Director of the Administration on Aging, ACL