Provide support for employees with chronic conditions in your community through an online group-based self-management program.
Help participants address every day activities like exercise, nutrition, and symptom management.
Workplace Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (Online, Synchronous) is an interactive group workshop delivered via Zoom or similar virtual platform for employed people living with one or more physical or mental health chronic conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, depression, etc. Participants learn the self-management skills to manage their conditions on a day to day basis (balancing work and home life, exercise, healthy eating, symptom management (pain, fatigue, sleep, shortness of breath, stress, and depression), weight loss, and communication skills. Core self-management skills taught include action planning, problem solving and decision making.
Note: Track health promotion program guidance during COVID-19 regularly for updates to program implementation and training options. Programs traditionally implemented in-person may be temporarily allowable by telephone or online.
- Target audience: Working adults living with one or more chronic conditions
- Health outcomes:
- Improved exercise and eating behaviors
- Reduced fatigue
- Delivered by: 2 trained peer facilitators
- Program type: Group
- Format: Highly interactive group session offered via Zoom or similar platform
- Length: 6 weekly 2.5 hours session
- Training: In-person or virtual
- Professional required: No
- Accessibility adaptations available: Yes
- Cultural adaptations available: Yes
- Available in languages other than English: Spanish
- Chronic Disease
- Medication Management
- Pain Management
- Physical Activity