Support older adults in your community to build the skills to live mindfully as they make choices about eating and physical activity.
Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less is a 15-week online weight management program that uses evidence-based strategies proven to work to help participants achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Each lesson informs, empowers and motivates participants to live mindfully as they make choices about eating and physical activity. Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less is delivered in an interactive real-time format with a live Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) instructor.
Additional topic includes weight management.
Note: Track health promotion program guidance during COVID-19 regularly for updates to program implementation and training options. Programs traditionally implemented in-person may be temporarily allowable by telephone or online.
- Target audience: Adults and older adults interested in improving their eating and physical activity habits with the goal of weight maintenance and/or weight loss.
- Health outcomes:
- Participants who completed the program lost significantly more weight than those in the wait-list control group and had a greater reduction in BMI. Weight loss was maintained at 6 months.
- Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less Online achieves positive outcomes related to weight, healthy eating, and physical activity behaviors.
- Delivered by: Registered Dietitian
- Program type: Group
- Format: Online
- Length: 15 one-hour long weekly sessions
- Training: Online
- Professional required: Yes, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) instructors who are also Licensed Dietetic Nutritionists (LDNs) deliver the program. All program instructors are hired and trained by North Carolina State University. Individual sites implementing the program are not responsible for training instructors. Delivery of this program does not involve a train-the-trainer model.
- Accessibility adaptations available: Yes -Transcripts of the teaching notes are available upon request.
- Cultural adaptations available: No
- Available in languages other than English: No
- Physical Activity