Provide support for people with chronic pain in your community through an online group-based self-management program.
Help participants address every day activities like exercise, nutrition, and symptom management.
Chronic Pain Self-Management Program (online, synchronous) is an interactive group workshop delivered via Zoom or similar virtual platform for those living with chronic pain such as arthritis, backpain, neck pain, headache, or pelvic pain. Participants learn the skills to manage their pain on day to day basis: exercise, healthy eating, cognitive pain management, as well as how to deal with such concerns as fatigue, sleep problems, difficult emotions, weight loss, communicating with family, friends, and coworkers. Core self-management skills taught include action planning, problem solving and decision making.
Note: Track health promotion program guidance during COVID-19 regularly for updates to program implementation and training options. Programs traditionally implemented in-person may be temporarily allowable by telephone or online.
- Target audience: Adults, 18 years and older, living with chronic pain.
- Health outcomes:
- Less pain: (Improved quality, problem, severity)
- Other outcomes: (Less depression, less dependency, increased self-efficacy, improved in role behaviors and life satisfaction)
- Delivered by: 2 trained peer facilitators
- Program type: Group
- Format: Online (Interactive virtual groups using Zoom or similar platforms)
- Length: 6 weekly, 2.5-hour sessions
- Training: In-person or virtual
- Professional required: No
- Accessibility adaptations available: Yes
- Cultural adaptations available: Yes
- Available in languages other than English: Spanish, French, Canadian
- Medication Management
- Pain Management
- Physical Activity