The coronavirus pandemic has changed a lot of things. One thing that’s still the same? Falling is NOT a normal part of aging. There are steps you can take to reduce your risk.
Falls Prevention Awareness Week, September 21-25, 2020, is designed to spread this important public health message. Use the toolkit materials below to spread the word in your community.
Media & Marketing
View our 2020 Falls Prevention Awareness Week webinar recording to see the tools and resources we’ve developed for you to use for this year’s Falls Prevention Awareness Week campaign.
This year’s campaign will feature a new Falls Free CheckUp where older adults can answer 12 simple questions to get their falls risk score and steps to reduce their risk. Download the banner to promote the new tool.
Download the png version of the banner.
Get everything you need to spread the word, including a planning calendar; a sample calendar announcement, advisory, and press release; and tips and sample scripts to pitch reporters.
Copy and paste these posts and images to your organization’s Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages.
- Download tips and posts
- Download images below
Hosting a live or virtual event in your community? We’ve created posters for you to customize to advertise it.
Videos & Photos
Scroll through our YouTube playlist and share videos with the older adults you serve. You also can use photos from our recent photo contests.
Use this presentation to discuss falls prevention with older adults at a live or virtual event.
Download and share these images that communicate important steps to prevent falls. You can include them on your social media pages or in email communications.
Spanish Language Materials
Are you serving Spanish-speaking older adults? Share our Spanish language resources.
- Chequeo Contra Caídas
- Prevención de Caídas: Consejos para Adultos Mayores y Cuidadores
- Las Herramientas de las Redes Sociales
- Campaign Banner in Spanish below
Download the png version of the banner
- Spanish language posters
- Spanish language social media images below
- Governor Proclamation Template
- Falls Prevention Legislative Updates
- Issue Brief: Falls Prevention Funding
- Falls Prevention Fact Sheet
Handouts for Older Adults
- Falls Prevention Conversation Guide for Caregivers
- Debunking the Myths of Older Adult Falls
- 6 Steps to Protect Your Older Loved One from a Fall
- Osteoporosis, Falls, and Broken Bones
- Osteoarthritis and Falls
- Medication Record Form
Resources from Our Partners
- CDC My Mobility Plan
- CDC STEADI Materials for Healthcare Providers
- ASCP-NCOA Falls Risk Reduction Toolkit for Pharmacists
- APTA Balance and Falls
- AOTA Falls Prevention Toolkits
Get ideas for 2020 by reviewing how other states marked Falls Prevention Awareness Day last year.
Falls Prevention Awareness Week is made possible in part by a grant from the U.S. Administration for Community Living.