Through practical lifestyle adjustments, evidence-based falls prevention programs, and clinical-community partnerships, the number of falls among seniors can be substantially reduced.
Read stories from around the country of older Americans who were empowered to prevent falls.
Evidence-based falls prevention programs provide older adults with the skills and tools they need to live healthier, more productive lives.
Here is a sampling of success stories shared by program participants:
- A Balancing Act: Sandy Perry broke her leg as a result of a fall on a winter day in New Hampshire. Learn how Tai Chi and A Matter of Balance transformed her life. Read more.
- The Will to Dance Again: After a series of falls and a partial hip replacement, Marjorie Franck had a goal: to line dance again. After physical therapy and participating in an evidence-based program, she did. Read more.
- Eight-Week Class Turns Participant Into Leader: Marjorie Brown hasn’t had a single fall since she participated in A Matter of Balance, an evidence-based falls prevention program. Read more.
- FallProofing His Life: John Feirich was worried about sustaining an injury because of his balance, so he attended a falls prevention training and saw the benefits right away. Read more.
- Hawaii Resident Keeps Moving for Falls Prevention: After participating in exercise classes, Dorothy Wall feels stronger and has more confidence in her physical self. Read more.
- As the Saying Goes, It's Not Easy Getting Older: Elizabeth Goldfarb and her husband were anxious about managing their disabilities and difficulties, until they found a free exercise and education program. Read more.