Register for this year's 5th Annual Older Adult Mental Health Awareness Day Symposium, a free, all-day virtual event featuring engaging plenaries, informative sessions, and a diverse array of topics addressing the most pressing needs in older adult mental health.
- 10:00 a.m. - Welcome and Keynote
- 11:00 a.m. - Concurrent Sessions
- A Look at Trauma-Informed Care
- Practical Strategies to Navigate Mental Health Resources and Services for Older Adults and Caregivers
- 12:45 p.m. - Understanding and Prevention Suicide in Older Adults
- 2:00 p.m. - Concurrent Sessions
- Beyond the Doctor's Office: Older Adult Mental Health Care
- Alcohol, Cannabis, and Opioid Misuse in Older Adults
- A Look at Grief and Loss through a Lens of Hope
- 3:30 p.m. - Addressing the Intersection of the Social Determinants of Health and Mental Health
Who should attend?
Public health practitioners, professionals in the aging network, mental health providers, health care professionals, and anyone interested in ensuring the mental health of older adults.
How can I share about this event with my networks?
Share by retweeting the Administration on Community Living's tweet:
Mental health is critical to well-being at every age. Join ACL and partners for a free virtual event on May 16 that will empower professionals with the latest tools to improve the lives of older adults in their communities. https://t.co/etZLiuYX5T pic.twitter.com/SDcaKSJ5tE— ACLgov (@ACLgov) April 25, 2022
You can also download the Older Adult Mental Health Awareness Day promotion toolkit to share with colleagues.
Can I earn continuing education credit for attending?
In partnership with the Rush University’s E4 Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health Disparities in Aging, NCOA will be offering continuing education credit for the following professions:
- The course director(s), planner(s), faculty and reviewer(s) of this activity have no relevant financial relationship(s) with ineligible companies to disclose.
- In support of improving patient care, Rush University Medical Center is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. This activity is being presented without bias and with/without commercial support.
- Rush University Medical Center designates this live activity for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Rush University Medical Center designates this live activity for nursing contact hour(s). This activity is being presented without bias and without commercial support.
- Rush University is an approved provider for physical therapy (216.000272), occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, social work (159.001203), nutrition, and speech-audiology by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation.
- Rush University Medical Center designates this activity CE credits in psychology. Please note that the E4 Center is not certified by the State of New York for continuing education.