NCOA is presenting the sixth annual Older Adults Mental Health Awareness Day Symposium with the Administration for Community Living, the Health Resources and Services Administration, and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
The full day of sessions focuses on meeting the mental health needs of older adults.
Continuing education credits are available.
Join NCOA for our sixth annual Older Adult Mental Health Awareness Day Symposium, co-sponsored with the U.S. Administration for Community Living, the Health Resources and Services Administration, and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
Registration is free and includes a full day of sessions on how to best meet the mental health needs of older adults.
In partnership with Rush University’s E4 Center of Excellence for Behavioral Health Disparities in Aging, NCOA will be offering continuing education credit for several professions. Please visit the FAQ page for more information.
- Welcome and keynote speaker: Montel Williams (10 a.m. ET)
- Concurrent breakout sessions (11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. ET)
- Supporting Caregivers Providing Care to Someone with Mental Illness
- Medication Considerations for Older Adults with Mental Health Conditions
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Mental Illness
- Spotlight Session: Social Cohesion and Intergenerational Connections to Address Social Isolation
- Concurrent breakout sessions: (2:15-3:15 p.m. ET)
- The Link Between Chronic Pain and Mental Health in Older Adults
- The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Older Adult Mental Health
- Suicide Prevention Updates on 988
- Closing Panel and Conference Wrap-Up: Current State of Behavioral Health Intervention in Primary Care
Partner Sharing Toolkit
We encourage you to spread the word about Older Adult Mental Health Awareness Day broadly with partners and networks. View and download these promotion tools:
- OAMHAD 2023 Registration Graphic (option 1)
- OAMHAD 2023 Registration Graphic (option 2)
- OAMHAD 2023 Social Media Sharing Toolkit (includes sample posts)