Cara Everett, MS, RDN, LDNAuthor
Cara Everett is a writer and registered dietitian nutritionist who has been helping people reach their wellness goals for over 20 years. In addition to working in clinical practice, she has written and edited health content for publications including Everyday Health, National Council on Aging, MarketWatch, and Verywell on topics such as hearing aids, medical alert systems, healthcare equality, and nutrition.
Cara writes extensively on hearing aid technology, keeping pace with new models and industry developments to help readers make the most informed purchasing decisions possible. She has spent more than 1,000 hours researching and testing hearing aids. Cara also conducts frequent interviews with audiologists, hearing specialists, and tech industry experts to stay abreast of the emerging ways in which hearing aids are integrating technology and wellness. She also completes frequent continuing education courses on new hearing aid models and hearing health.
Cara holds a Master of Science degree from Texas A&M University and completed her dietetic internship at University of Kentucky Hospital. She lives with her family on a farm in southern Ohio.
- Hearing Aids
- Health and Wellness
- Geriatric Care
- Health Care Devices
Health Writing Experience
- Over 20 years of freelance writing on health and wellness topics
- Print and digital media experience including medical white papers, educational content, classroom curricula, newspaper editorials, and blog posts
- Publications in scientific journals and websites such as MarketWatch, National Council on Aging, Everyday Health, and Verywell
Previous Professional Experience
- Laboratory and clinical research experience in nutritional biochemistry, cancer, and drug trials at Texas A&M University and Medpace
- Clinical dietitian in outpatient, inpatient, and long term care facilities
- Quality content editor for Dotdash Meredith
- Freelance writer for print and digital health publications
- B.S. in Nutrition, Texas A&M University
- M.S. in Nutrition, Texas A&M University
- Dietetic Internship, University of Kentucky Hospital
- A Public Health Approach to Hearing Loss and Aging, Coursera/Johns Hopkins University (March 2023)
- Supporting Family Caregivers of Older Adults, CypherWorx/University of Rochester Medical Center (September 2022)