The Impact of COVID-19 on Community-Based Organizations Serving Older Adults
In April, July, and October 2020, NCOA surveyed community-based organizations to understand how COVID-19 affected their services to older adults. Read the results.
Potential Financial Impacts of COVID-19 on Older Adults
What will the long-term financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic be on older adults? NCOA and the LeadingAge LTSS Center @ UMass Boston analyzed data from the Great Recession of 2008 to understand what trends may be in store. The result is a series of three issue briefs.
Featured News & Resources
- Pandemic Playbook: Discover an interactive collection of insight, wisdom, and critical lessons LeadingAge members have learned about serving older adults during a catastrophic health crisis.
- Overcoming Social Isolation: The Senior Medicare Patrol has compiled resources from across the aging network to help mitigate social isolation among older adults during the pandemic.
- IRS Warns of new COVID Texting Scam: Let your clients know about how to avoid falling prey to scammers.
- Tools for Reaching a Remote Audience: From social media platforms to webinars, get tips for the different technology tools your organization may want to use
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 and Technology Resources from NCOA
Congress’ Final Legislative Package of 2020: What’s In It for Older Adults
Congress closed 2020 by passing a $2.3 trillion legislative package that addresses some of the COVID-19 pandemic and health challenges facing older adults, but fails to invest in other areas.
A Call for Justice and Dignity
Read a statement from NCOA President & CEO Ramsey Alwin regarding the events of Jan. 6 at the U.S. Capitol.
Stories We’ll Remember from 2020
2020 was a year for the history books. Despite the challenges we all faced, it’s worth pausing to reflect with gratitude on what went well.
COVID-19: How Communities Can Adapt
NCOA staff talk about the opportunities for individuals and community organizations to step up and lead during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Key Resources for Professionals
Find key resources and tools developed by NCOA's national partners in aging and disability and the federal government.
Health Promotion Program Guidance
Check back regularly for updates from individual programs on whether it’s feasible to continue implementation of health promotion programs when in-person gatherings are not possible.
Senior Center Resources
Get the latest best practice information that senior centerSenior Center Resourcess are using to prevent coronavirus spread and keep participants safe.