Potential Financial Impacts of COVID-19 on Older Adults
To better understand the potential financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on older adults, NCOA and the LeadingAge LTSS Center @ UMass Boston analyzed data from the most recent economic downturn in 2008. The result is a series of three issue briefs.
- Innovative Solutions to Address Social Isolation in Older Adults During the COVID-19 Pandemic, August 10 at 2 pm ET: Join this webinar from Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) and the ACL’s Office of Nutrition and Health Promotion Programs (ONHPP).
- Running Virtual Aging Mastery® Starter Kit Workshop, June 3: Download the webinar slides and access the recording
- Access slides & recordings for webinars specific to Center for Benefits Access grantees, including joint events with the SHIP and SMP Resource Centers
- Tools and Tips for Reaching a Remote Audience, April 1; access the webinar slides and related tip sheet of tools for reaching a remote audience
- Delivering Aging Mastery® Online, March 20
Find other archived events in our calendar.
Featured News & Resources
- The NCOA COVID-19 Community Response Fund was created to raise and distribute funds to hard-hit community-based organizations that are directly serving older adults during the pandemic.
- Parking Lot Bingo: Read how one agency adapted their Medicare outreach in the time of COVID
- Community-Based Organizations During COVID-19: Get tips from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response on supporting clients and returning to work
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 and Technology Resources from NCOA
- Weekly Grand Rounds: Access webinars NCOA co-hosted with ACL on offering chronic disease self-management and falls prevention programs remotely
Summer Reflections on Staying Safe
The situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is changing rapidly. Here is the latest advice from public health experts about the best way to protect yourself and to reduce the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19.
Congress invests in most pressing needs, but budget restrictions remain
House appropriators are acting quickly to move FY21 funding bills through the committee process and floor debate. They aim to have all twelve pieces of legislation approved by the end of July. While COVID-19 relief legislation is taking up the country’s attention, these funding bills also have high stakes. We have advice for advocates who want to make sure older adults are supported.
Village Connector Experience: Reaffirming, Rebuilding, and Rejecting Social Isolation
The pandemic has heightened everyone’s sense of isolation to unparalleled levels, due to required physical distancing. If we don’t address this need differently, then loneliness will deepen, especially in older adults, impacting their mental and physical health.
COVID-19: How Communities Can Adapt
NCOA staff talk about the opportunities for individuals and community organizations to step up and lead during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Key Resources for Professionals
Find key resources and tools developed by NCOA's national partners in aging and disability and the federal government.
Health Promotion Program Guidance
Check back regularly for updates from individual programs on whether it’s feasible to continue implementation of health promotion programs when in-person gatherings are not possible.
Senior Center Resources
Get the latest best practice information that senior centerSenior Center Resourcess are using to prevent coronavirus spread and keep participants safe.