The National CDSME Database is housed at and managed by the National Council on Aging’s Center for Healthy Aging.
The database can receive data from any organization that wants to track data for their evidence-based health promotion programs.
Our guide gives an overview of importing data, things to consider when working with and choosing a vendor, and data preparation tips.
Aside from directly entering data into the National Chronic Disease Self-Management Education Database, one workshop and participant at a time, you can also send us your data in larger volumes for mass importing. This can be data from a third-party vendor or your organization’s own data source. Your and review and download our guide for an overview of the process, considerations for working with and choosing a vendor, as well as tips for preparing the data for importing.
Tips for importing data:
- Allow up to 6 weeks for data imports to be completed.
- Additional time may be needed prior to semi-annual report deadlines due to high volume.
- Send the completed data migration template through MOVEIT, and email your Technical Assistance Liaison and Ben Kean (email@example.com) that the data has been sent.
- Please wait to import data until the file includes information for at least 100 participants.
- Contact Angelica Herrera-Venson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
How often should I submit workshop data to NCOA to import?
CDSME and Falls grantee organizations submitting data through the data import process, using the CDSME or Falls templates, should be aware of the following:
- ACL and NCOA request that data submissions to NCOA occur AT LEAST once per quarter.
- Grantees with smaller total grant targets (<500) may submit smaller batches of data more frequently, if desired. For example:
- Every other month OR
- Once they reach 4 workshops or 100 participants
- Regular data submissions allow NCOA and ACL to get the most current view of your progress in meeting your grant’s goals and overall program activity.
- Monthly reports from NCOA to ACL will only report out what is visible in the databases.
- Semi-annual reports you provide to ACL should only reflect what is visible in the database, and not be altered.
Read the guide
Temporary MoveIt Account Instructions
- Visit https://ncoa.moveitcloud.com
- Choose the option “Register and Send Files”
- Follow the instructions to enter your email address. For the recipient email, enter "email@example.com".
- You will receive an email from MoveIT. Use this email to log into the site and set your password.
- Once logged into the site, use the “Send Package” button to submit the data migration file (template below).
- Contact Ben Kean (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this process.
The data must be formatted using the following Microsoft Excel template:
Data sharing agreement
Complete this data sharing agreement to authorize a third-party vendor to export data to the National CDSME Database: