NCOA Public Policy & Advocacy Issue Briefs lay out the rationale for advocacy for services and benefits for older adults and articulate the specific request we’re making of Congress.
Read the 116th Congress Issue Briefs:
- Improving Medicare Low-Income Beneficiary Enrollment
Issue brief outlining the rationale for additional, permanent funding for Medicare low-income outreach and enrollment originally authorized under the 2008 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA)
- Making Prescription Drugs More Affordable for Medicare Beneficiaries
Issue brief outlining NCOA’s priority recommendations for improving Medicare Part D to make prescription drugs more affordable for Medicare beneficiaries who struggle the most with these costs, and protect access to needed prescription drugs.
- Falls Prevention Funding
Issue brief outlining the rationale for at least $14 million in funding for falls prevention in FY21
- Medicare State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Funding
Issue brief outlining the rationale for at least $75 million in funding for SHIP in FY21
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Education (CDSME) Funding
Issue brief outlining the rationale for $16 million in funding for CDSME in FY20
- FY20 Aging Services Funding
Issue brief outlining the the rationale for FY20 investments in the health and economic security of older adults
- Older Americans Act (OAA) Reauthorization
Issue brief outlining the rationale and priorities for reauthorizing the OAA in 2019
Review the 115th Congress Issue Briefs:
- House Republican Medicaid Proposals Would Harm Vulnerable, Low-Income Older Americans
Issue brief detailing the negative effects of 2017 Medicaid proposals on services and benefits for vulnerable, low-income older adults
Review Issue Briefs from the 114th Congress:
- Senior Hunger
Issue brief detailing NCOA policy priorities for senior hunger
- Strengthening and Protecting Medicare
Issue brief detailing NCOA policy priorities for strengthening and protecting Medicare
- Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Financing Need
Issue brief detailing the need for LTSS financing.
NCOA’s Fact Sheets are also an important resource for describing the needs, challenges and opportunities that seniors face.