VIRTUAL ADVOCACY DAY 2019
Join colleagues across the country making sure Congress meets the needs of older adults.
During the 2019 NCOA Age+Action Conference, aging services professionals from 42 states will visit Capitol Hill. They will educate their Congressional delegations about their work to help seniors age with health, security, and independence.
You can support this effort! Share information about the needs of seniors in your community, and urge Congress to:
- Make Medicare low-income benefits enrollment permanent
- Reauthorize the Older Americans Act (OAA),
- Invest in aging services.
Learn more about these issues below, and visit our Action Center to send your message on one or more of these important issues.
Meet your lawmakers while in DC!
Visiting Washington, DC, is a great opportunity to meet with your members of Congress to educate them about the important work you do every day and the needs of older adults in your community.
Join us on Wednesday, June 19, for Hill Day — a chance to visit Congress along with other conference attendees. There is no cost to participate, and bus transportation will be provided. You will receive support and resources to empower you to tell the story of the people you serve.
Hill Day is an optional event at the conference, and you are not required to participate. You also can meet with your members of Congress at other times during the conference if that works better for your schedule.
National Issue Briefs
These issue briefs provide background information NCOA’s current policy priorities. Please share them at your Hill meetings.
- Improving Medicare Low-Income Beneficiary Enrollment
- Older Americans Act (OAA) Reauthorization
- FY20 Aging Services Funding
State and Local Resources
- State-specific, customizable MIPPA fact sheets (upon request)
- State-specific Elder Economic Security Index (EESI) fact sheets (upon request)
- State-specific Falls Prevention Infographics (upon request)
- State-specific CDSME Infographics (upon request)
Additional Policy Information
- NCOA Issue Brief: Making Prescription Drugs More Affordable for Medicare Beneficiaries
- NCOA Issue Brief: Falls Prevention Funding
- NCOA Issue Brief: Chronic Disease Self-Management Education (CDSME) Funding
- NCOA Issue Brief: Medicare State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Funding
- NCOA Issue Brief: Improve Access to Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services
- Congressional Quarterly report on Congressional staff Hill visit tips
- NCOA FY20 Aging Program Funding Table
- Leadership Council of Aging Organizations (LCAO) Letters on Medicare Outreach and Enrollment
- LCAO Chair’s Letter on the Reauthorization of the Older Americans Act
- LCAO Appropriations Letter for FY 2020
Hill Day Blogs and Webinars
- Blog: Why we care about visits to Capitol Hill (and you should too)
- Blog: Aging Policy Priorities on the Horizon
- Webinar: NCOA Age+Action Conference: What is a Hill Visit Anyway and Why is it Important?
- Webinar: NCOA Age+Action Conference Hill Day: Opportunities and Resources
- Webinar: NCOA Age+Action Conference Hill Day: Planning for Successful Meetings
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the NCOA Public Policy & Advocacy team.