NCOA seeks applications from qualified organizations as part of an upcoming grant opportunity to help reduce senior hunger in the U.S. Grants of up to $50,000 each for a 19-month period will be awarded to selected organizations for the implementation of Senior SNAP Enrollment Initiatives in their communities.
About the Initiative
The NCOA Senior SNAP Enrollment Initiative is a national program that fights senior hunger by supporting efforts by community-based organizations and agencies to assist older adults (i.e., age 60 and over) in applying for and enrolling in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). This initiative is supported by a generous grant from the Walmart Foundation.
The goals of the initiative include:
- Significantly increasing the participation of older adults in SNAP through community-based outreach and enrollment initiatives.
- Identifying, analyzing, and disseminating replicable, cost-effective, and scalable strategies for increasing senior SNAP enrollment.
- Increasing public awareness of senior hunger as an issue of national and local importance, and of SNAP as an effective strategy for reducing food insecurity among older adults.
NCOA aims to award $2 million to up to 40 community-based organizations and/or agencies to engage in SNAP outreach and application assistance for a 19-month period (October 1, 2020 to April 30, 2022). Each organization will be responsible for submitting 1,000 SNAP applications on behalf of eligible older adults.
How to Apply
NCOA is using an online application for this initiative. Use this link to submit the notice of intent to apply and start the online application. Organizations interested in applying are required to submit a notice of intent to apply. Once the notice of intent to apply is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with a unique URL to submit your full proposal.
Questions about the RFP or process? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Dates and Deadlines
- July 6, 2020, 3 pm ET: Optional, informational webinar
- July 15, 2020, 12 pm ET: Deadline to submit notice of intent to apply
- August 3, 2020, 12 pm ET: Deadline for submission of grant proposals
- September 18, 2020: Selected organizations notified of grant
- October 1, 2020: Selected organizations begin work
NCOA will host an optional informational webinar to answer questions about the RFP process on July 6, 2020. You are welcome to register for the webinar at the link below. We will record the webinar and make it available on this page for those who are unable to attend; the FAQ document above may be amended with additional information following this event.
- July 6, 2020, 3:00 pm ET: Register for this webinar