Looking for benefits information and outreach materials for non-English speakers? We’ve compiled this list of multi-language resources to help. Use the links below to find information by benefits topic and type of resource.
If you’d like to obtain copies of these materials in formats other than what is provided, write to us. We also welcome you to share information that you may have translated and want to make available to other benefits counselors!
Benefits 101 in Spanish
- Extra Help 101 (the Part D Low Income Subsidy)
- Medicare 101
- Medicare Savings Programs 101
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) 101
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) 101
Medicare information in Spanish
These resources were developed specifically for NCOA’s Center for Benefits Access through a partnership with the Medicare Rights Center.
- 5 Things to Know About Medicare’s Hospice Benefit
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Aprendamos Medicare (Let’s Learn Medicare)
- Guide to Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- Guide to Hospital Discharge Planning
- Medicaid to Medicare Transitions
- Medicare & End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Multi-language outreach materials
These sample materials were developed and translated by the Center’s partners in the field–Benefits Enrollment Centers (BECs), MIPPA state grantees, and SNAP Initiative grantees.
BEC/MIPPA outreach materials
- BEC brochure in Korean
- Multi-language MIPPA postcards (one file with English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, and simplified Chinese)
Sample SNAP brochures
- Korean folded brochure and one page
- Multiple languages in one file (Chinese, Vietnamese)
Federal agency resources
Several of the federal agencies administering key benefits for low-income people with Medicare offer information in multiple languages.
Food and Nutrition Service/USDA (administers SNAP)
- Multi-language publications (covers all FNS programs)
- SNAP publications/outreach materials in Spanish
- Full FNS website in Spanish
We are working with n4a to develop translations of the You Gave, Now Save guide to benefits for seniors. Stay tuned!