Generation to Generation (Gen2Gen) is a five-year campaign to mobilize 1 million people 50+ to help kids thrive. It’s powered by Encore.org, an innovation hub tapping the talent of people 50+ as a source for good, and has a strong coalition of partner organizations that includes the National Institute of Senior Centers. Gen2Gen highlights opportunities for older adults to make a difference in the lives of young people, supports innovations on the ground and shares inspirational stories of people, organizations and communities making a positive impact.
Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Sign up for the Gen2Gen newsletter and stay informed.
- Follow Gen2Gen on Facebook and join a community of people who are passionate about intergenerational connections.
- Post volunteer opportunities for older adults on VolunteerMatch.
- Share paid opportunities at your center with Gen2Gen.
- Use this guide to find 5 easy ways to host intergenerational programs at senior centers.
NISC Members are getting involved!
Deanna Jones of the Thompson Senior Center, Woodstock, VT, a NISC member, created this intergenerational Summer Day Camp event at her center. It was very well received! Gen2Gen shared that Deanna reported that she feels the benefits were felt with the seniors, the children and their families, and the perception and community standing of the center itself. A win-win-win for all!