The first senior center to be founded in the United States was the William Hodson Community Center, which is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year. The National Institute of Senior Centers was founded in 1970, and we will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in two years. Hundreds of senior centers across the country have already reached 50 years of operations and more will be celebrating over the next few years, and we would like to know who you are to help you celebrate this amazing achievement.
We have big plans to help you celebrate, but first, we need your help. If your center has celebrated a major anniversary (50, 60, 70, 75) or will celebrate an anniversary soon, fill out this survey to tell us more about your center’s history and what you are doing to celebrate. We will highlight your achievement on this website, and will create a booklet on celebration ideas for those that follow in your footsteps.
- Center in the Park – (founded 1968)
- Montpelier Senior Center – (founded 1967)
- Ateaze Senior Center – (founded 1967)
- Keene Senior Center – 2017 (founded 1957)
- San Francisco Senior Center – (founded 1947)
- William Hodson Community Center – (founded 1943)