Join us in Washington, DC for Age+Action!
In 2019, we plan to offer more than ever to senior center professionals at our national conference! Save the date for Age+Action now:
June 17 – 20
Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
999 Ninth St. NW
Washington, DC 20001
The conference will be a must-attend for senior center professionals. Data on national trends, senior center networking, and the latest innovative programming from NCOA will be among the highlights of this comprehensive experience. Features will include:
- Plenary sessions focused on the aging experience for American women, who attend senior centers at a much higher rate than men.
- Educational sessions featuring best practices in senior center programming and administration, evidence-based healthy aging programs, and access to benefits enrollment tools.
- Awards highlighting senior center programs and recognizing leaders championing older adults and every person’s right to age well.
- Capitol Hill Day to educate your members of Congress on the importance of your senior center.
- Networking and social events, including the NISC Leo Laks reception.
- Expo Hall
- And more!
Registration, call for proposals, and hotel bookings are coming soon!
- Call for proposals: Fall 2018
- Registration and hotels: Winter 2019
Please keep an eye on ageaction.org for all conference updates.
Highlights of Senior Centers 2018
Senior Centers 2018 was a great success. Thank you to our partners at the National Association of Nutrition and Aging Service Providers (NANASP) for sharing a fantastic conference experience with NISC and senior center professionals from across the country. Attendees can access slides from the conference here.
- A keynote speech from Elizabeth White, author of Fifty-Five, Unemployed, and Faking Normal.
- A wide variety of workshops and seminars on the latest trends and best practices that senior centers have to offer.
- Tours of two senior centers, one of which is Nationally Accredited.
- Information on how you can make a difference locally and nationally on senior center and aging policy.
- Networking opportunities at multiple receptions.
Please contact us with any questions at email@example.com.