Annual membership fee: $145
Become a member of the only national organization for senior center professionals. You’ll instantly be connected to a national network of support and innovative solutions.
Annual membership to NISC covers everyone who works for your organization at one location. For information on multi-site discounts, please call 1-800-373-4906 or email Member Services. If you’re a business or consultant, join as a NISC Business Affiliate at the same price.
Why should you join?
NISC is the only organization solely focused on the needs of senior center professionals.
NISC leadership, senior center professionals, and NCOA staff work in partnership to address the issues that are most important to you. NCOA’s advocacy team ensures that your concerns are heard on Capitol Hill.
As a NISC member, you will receive NCOA Week and Senior Center Voice—concise e-newsletters focused on the issues you care about—policies that affect funding, grants, awards you can apply for, and best practices that you can adapt for your center.
NISC is setting the standard for the future of senior centers.
Building Excellence, the national standards manual for senior centers, is available to NISC members at no cost—a $150 value. Use it to do your own self-assessment or as a guide to becoming a nationally accredited senior center.
Find out how other centers are preparing for the future. Download the New Models of Senior Centers final report—eight emerging models and 16 case studies of highly successful senior centers, a NISC member-only benefit.
Your next big idea may come from half way across the country.
When you join NISC, you are instantly connected to a national network of professional support. Ask for help, share an option, or get your next big idea on the Crossroads online community, where senior center professionals go to talk.
NISC webinars provide a virtual tour of what’s working at other senior centers across the country and bring experts in the field directly to your desktop.
Join NISC for the money you’ll save.
Just one member benefit—the National Standards Manual, discounts on conference registration, accreditation program fees, or Cellular Recycler earnings—could save you more than the cost of NISC membership.
One good idea shared in the Senior Center Voice, on a NISC webinar, or on the Crossroads online community could save you even more.
Benefits of NISC membership
- National Senior Center Accreditation discount and Peer Reviewer opportunity
- Crossroads online community
- Annual Senior Center Programs of Excellence booklet
- Senior Center Month publicity guide and customizable poster
- Cellular Recycler revenue opportunity
- Discounted Motion Picture Licensing Agreement
- Listing on NCOA’s map of senior center members
- PurchasingPoint® discount program
NISC members can also access the following resources by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building Excellence—Senior Center Self-Assessment & National Accreditation Manual
- New Models for Senior Centers report and senior center research
- Public policy updates and advocacy
- NCOA Week and Senior Center Voice enews
- Educational webinars
- National senior center conference discounts
- Aging in Stride—consumer newsletter content
- Community education program materials and training
- Networking and national projects
- NISC Leadership and State Liason program
What members are saying …
Through NISC, I have learned how to be a successful advocate for my seniors and the programs we offer.
On NISC’s online community, I get answers to questions I didn’t think to ask and find solutions to problems before they begin!
NISC accreditation gives us amazing leverage. When we write grants, we will be much more attractive to the grantors.