In preparation for Falls Prevention Awareness Day on Sept. 22, NCOA’s Falls Free® Initiative is sponsoring a 2017 Falls Free® Photo and Story Contest. Details and rules are below. Please submit all photos, stories, and signed consent forms by August 25 at 11:59pm ET.
What are we looking for?
High quality, action photos and brief (<300 word), engaging stories to accompany each photo to use in NCOA national media and fall prevention materials.
Photos and accompanying stories will be made available to Falls Free® Initiative members or partner organizations and for promoting falls prevention activities throughout the country.
- All photos must be high resolution (>1MB JPEG) and not previously submitted for any photo contest.
- Images must be clear, sharp, and depict older adults participating in a falls prevention program or activity (evidence-based falls prevention programs are preferred).
- Each photo should be accompanied with a brief (<300 words), engaging story that describes the photo and its falls prevention significance.
- All submissions must include signed NCOA consent form(s) from all identifiable individuals shown in the photos and/or described in the stories.
- Organizations are limited to three photo/accompanying story entries.
- No descriptive or other text should be added to the individual photos themselves (there will be opportunities to add text in the submission form).
- Photo entries must be submitted by August 25 at 11:59pm ET.
How to enter
Entries can be submitted online here. When you complete the online form, you’ll need to provide the following:
- Submitter’s name, organization, city, state, email address, and phone number.
- Organization and location (city, state) where the photo was taken, if different from the submitter’s organization.
- The photo as an attachment.
- Name of the featured falls prevention program in the photo.
- Names of all identifiable individuals in the photo.
- A brief (<300 word), engaging story that describes the photo and its falls prevention significance.
- The signed NCOA consent form(s) as an attachment.
Judging and winners
- Judges from the NCOA Falls Free® Initiative and NCOA Communications Department will choose the winners.
- Winners will receive prizes issued to the individual/organization submitting the entry. Prizes are: 1st prize: $300; 2nd prize: $250; 3rd prize: $200.
- Winning photos will be featured in NCOA’s Center for Healthy Aging E-News and on the NCOA website.
- Questions? Contact Ellen Schneider: email@example.com
Click here to download the contest flyer.