Click here to enter this year’s Falls Free® Video and Story Contest
What are we looking for?
NCOA is collecting and sharing positive videos and stories about older adults engaged in a variety of falls prevention activities. Submissions should include videos and brief (<300 word), engaging, impactful stories to accompany each video to use in NCOA national media and fall prevention materials. For example, video clips may include footage from Falls Prevention Awareness Day activities, screening events, and falls prevention balance and exercise classes, as well as testimonials or interviews with older adults.
Video footage will be used in NCOA national media and fall prevention materials. The videos will also will be made available on the NCOA YouTube channel and to National Falls Free® Initiative member organizations and coalitions for their use.
- The contest is open to everyone; Falls Free® Initiative member organizations, coalition members and the general public are welcome to submit video/story entries.
- Videos should not have been previously submitted for any video contest.
- Please shoot the video clip(s) horizontally.
- Videos must be no longer than 1 minute and 15 seconds.
- Each video should be accompanied with a brief (<300 words), engaging, impactful* story that describes the video and its falls prevention significance.
- *Impactful: having a positive impact on reducing falls and falls risk factors, or related outcomes such as engaging older adults in healthy behaviors or reducing social isolation
- Do not use copyrighted music in your video without permission. If you would like to use non-copyrighted music, we recommend the “public domain” music available at FreeMusicArchive.org. For more information about music licenses, visit http://freemusicarchive.org/License_Guide.
- All submissions must include signed NCOA consent forms from all identifiable individuals shown in the video and/or described in the story.
- Organizations are limited to three video/accompanying story entries.
- Video entries must be submitted by October 31, 2017 at 11:59pm ET.
How to enter
Access the Survey Monkey application here.
- Complete all applicable information, including providing the required attachments. When you have entered the required information and provided the attachments, hit “Submit” at the bottom of the page.
- A YouTube.com link to your video is required. (See more information on creating a free YouTube account and uploading a video to your account).
- Signed NCOA consent form(s) are required for all identifiable individuals shown in the video and/or described in the story. Please scan and attach the consent forms in the upload box provided.
Judging and winners
- Judges from the NCOA Falls Free® Initiative and NCOA Communications Department will choose the winners.
- Winners will receive prizes issued to the individual/organization submitting the entry. Prizes are: 1st prize: $600; 2nd prize: $500; 3rd prize: $400.
- Winning videos will be featured in NCOA’s Center for Healthy Aging E-News and on the NCOA website.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org