What are we looking for?
NCOA is collecting and sharing positive images of older adults engaged in a variety of falls prevention activities. For example, video clips may include footage from Falls Prevention Awareness Day activities, screening events, and falls prevention balance and exercise classes, as well as testimonials or interviews with older adults.
Video footage will be used in NCOA national media and fall prevention materials. The videos will also will be made available on the NCOA YouTube channel and to National Falls Free® Initiative member organizations and coalitions for their use.
Falls Free® Video Contest submissions must include signed NCOA consent forms from all identifiable individuals shown in the video. The deadline for submissions will be announced Fall 2017.
- The contest is open to everyone; Falls Free® Initiative member organizations, coalition members and the general public are welcome to submit video entries.
- Individuals may submit more than one entry.
- Submissions must include signed NCOA consent forms from all identifiable individuals shown in the video.
- Please shoot the video clip(s) horizontally.
- Videos must be no longer than 1 minute and 15 seconds.
- Do not use copyrighted music in your video without permission. If you would like to use non-copyrighted music, we recommend the “public domain” music available at FreeMusicArchive.org. For more information about music licenses, visit http://freemusicarchive.org/License_Guide
- Video entries must be submitted by the deadline, which will be announced Fall 2017.
How to enter
For each entry, send one email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The submitter’s name and “FF Video Contest” in the email subject line.
- The submitter’s name, organization, city, state, email address, and phone number.
- A YouTube.com link to your video. (See more information on creating a free YouTube account and uploading a video to your account).
- Signed NCOA consent form(s). Please scan and attach the consent forms to your email message.
Judging and winners
Videos will be judged on message and appropriateness to theme of falls prevention among older adults, creativity and originality, and overall video presentation. Judges from the NCOA Falls Free® Initiative and NCOA Communications Department will choose the winners. Winners will receive prizes issued to the organization/individual submitting the entry. Prizes are:
- 1st prize: $600
- 2nd prize: $500
- 3rd prize: $400
Winning videos will be featured in the Center for Healthy Aging E-News and on the NCOA website.