NCOA’s Falls Free® Initiative is sponsoring a 2018 Falls Free® photo contest. Details and rules are below. Please submit all photos and signed consent forms by October 26 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
What are we looking for?
High quality, action photos to use in NCOA national media and fall prevention materials. Photos will be made available to Falls Free® Initiative members or partner organizations and for promoting falls prevention activities throughout the country.
- All photos must be high resolution (>1MB JPEG) and not previously submitted for any photo contest.
- Images must be clear, sharp, and depict older adults participating in a falls prevention program or activity (evidence-based falls prevention programs and Fall Prevention Awareness Day activities are preferred).
- All submissions must include signed NCOA consent form(s) from all identifiable individuals shown in the photos.
- Organizations are limited to three photo entries.
- No descriptive or other text should be added to the individual photos themselves.
- Photo entries must be submitted by October 26th at 11:59pm ET.
How to enter
Entries must be submitted online here. When you complete the online form, you’ll need to provide the following:
- Submitter’s name, organization, city, state, email address, and phone number.
- Organization and location (city, state) where the photo was taken, if different from the submitter’s organization.
- The photo as an attachment.
- Name of the featured falls prevention program, event or activity in the photo.
- Names of all identifiable individuals in the photo.
- The NCOA consent form(s) as an attachment, signed by all identifiable individuals.
Judging and winners
- Judges from the NCOA Falls Free® Initiative and NCOA Communications Department will choose the winners.
- Winners will receive prizes issued to the individual/organization submitting the entry. Prizes are: 1st prize: $300; 2nd prize: $250; 3rd prize: $200.
- Winning photos will be featured in NCOA’s Center for Healthy Aging E-News and on the NCOA website.
- Questions? Contact Ellen Schneider: firstname.lastname@example.org