NCOA’s National Falls Prevention Resource Center is sponsoring a 2019 Falls Prevention photo contest. Details and rules are below. Please submit all photos and signed NCOA consent forms by October 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
What are we looking for?
High quality, action photos to use in NCOA national media and fall prevention materials. To get an idea of the types of photos we’re seeking, previous falls prevention photo contest winners are available here.
Photos will be made available to Falls Prevention Coalitions and partner organizations for promoting falls prevention activities throughout the country.
- All photos must be high resolution (>1MB JPEG) and not previously submitted for any photo contest.
- Images must be clear, sharp, and depict older adults participating in a falls prevention program or activity (evidence-based falls prevention programs where participants are on their feet and/or Fall Prevention Awareness Day activities are preferred).
- All submissions must include signed NCOA consent form(s) from all identifiable individuals shown in the photos. Unfortunately, we cannot accept consent forms from other organizations.
- Organizations are limited to three photo entries.
- No descriptive or other text should be added to the individual photos themselves.
- Photo entries must be submitted by October 31st at 11:59pm ET.
How to enter
Entries must be submitted online here. When you complete the online form, you’ll need to provide the following:
- Submitter’s name, organization, city, state, email address, and phone number.
- Organization and location (city, state) where the photo was taken, if different from the submitter’s organization.
- The photo as an attachment.
- Name of the featured falls prevention program, event or activity in the photo.
- Names of all identifiable individuals in the photo.
- The NCOA consent form(s) as an attachment, signed by all identifiable individuals.
Judging and winners
- Judges from NCOA National Falls Prevention Resource Center partners and NCOA Communications Department will choose the winners.
- Winners will receive prizes issued to the individual/organization submitting the entry. Prizes are: 1st prize: $300; 2nd prize: $250; 3rd prize: $200.
- Winning photos will be featured in NCOA’s Center for Healthy Aging E-News and on the NCOA website.
- Questions? Contact Ellen Schneider: email@example.com