Explore our diet and nutrition tips
- Senior Nutrition: Read NCOA’s tips for eating well as you get older.
- Malnutrition Fact Sheet: Get the facts about the unseen U.S. health crisis of malnutrition.
- ChooseMyPlate: Learn about a simple way to see what you should eat each day.
- The DASH Diet: Get an overview of an eating plan for those with high blood pressure.
- What’s on Your Plate? Learn how to make smart food choices for healthy aging.
- Nutrition for Seniors: Get tips and sign up for free email updates about senior nutrition.
Find food and nutrition services in your area
- Find a registered dietitian: Search a national database of qualified registered dietitians.
- Find a chronic disease self-management program: Sign up for an in-person or online workshop on managing chronic conditions.
- Find local aging services: Use the Eldercare Locator to find local services, including home-delivered meals, transportation, community centers, and more.
Get help paying for food and therapeutic nutrition
- Medicare’s nutrition therapy services: See what’s covered under Medicare.
- Health plan therapeutic nutrition coverage: Get resources and answers to your reimbursement questions.
- BenefitsCheckUp®: Stretch your food budget by applying for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Food assistance benefits: Learn about food benefits for seniors.
Educational information provided with support from: