Learn about new resources and tools to use in your falls prevention efforts and Falls Prevention Awareness Day (FPAD) activities. New products from NCOA’s National Falls Prevention Resource Center, CDC, and NIH will be described. Innovative FPAD activities from a state coalition will be highlighted. Key falls prevention strategies from NCOA’s new National Action Plan will be discussed with a focus on how state and local organizations can implement specific action steps to advance falls prevention efforts.
- Kathleen Cameron, MPH, Senior Director, National Falls Prevention Resource Center, National Council on Aging
- Ellen Schneider, MBA, Research Scientist, Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Consultant, National Council on Aging
- Elizabeth Burns, MPH, Epidemiologist, Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, CDC
- David Brown, PhD, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity, Physical Activity and Health Branch, CDC
- Karen Pocinki, Director, Go4Life© Campaign, Office of Communications and Public Liaison, National Institute on Aging