If you or your organization has an innovative concept or model to promote aging well, this is your chance to share it with other professionals and advocates working at the local, state, and national levels to improve the health and economic security of older adults. Submit your proposal by November 30, 2018.
Join NCOA for Age+Action, the premiere national conference focused on ensuring every person’s right to age with their best possible health and economic security. This conference will bring together the National Institute of Senior Centers, Center for Healthy Aging partners and all of the Benefit Enrollment Centers from across the country – first time ever! More than 800 professionals, advocates, lawmakers, and caregivers are expected to attend. The three-day event is an opportunity for individuals and organizations to develop more integrated partnerships, to learn from each other, and to work together in support of seniors as they face the changing realities of aging.
This year, the conference is taking a closer look at women and their aging experience by highlighting the challenges and opportunities they face as they age. Many women face a wider economic security gap as they age, impacting their overall well-being. But women also are the decision makers in their households. They are action-oriented, searching for solutions, engaging in activities, and seeking social interaction as they age.
Come share your best practices, and leave with new solutions that can have an even greater impact for all the older adults in your community!
June 17-20, 2019
Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel
999 Ninth Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
Who Should Attend
Professionals and advocates working at the local, state, and national levels to improve the health and economic security of older adults. Examples include:
- Senior centers
- Community-based organizations
- Aging services providers
- Government agencies
- Benefits Enrollment Centers and SHIPs
- Aging Mastery Program sites
- Falls Prevention grantees and partners
- Chronic Disease Self-Management grantees and partners
- National and local partners and funders
- Plenary sessions focused on the aging experience for American women
- Educational sessions featuring best practices in evidence-based healthy aging programs, benefits outreach and enrollment, and senior center programming
- Awards recognizing leaders championing older adults and every person’s right to age well
- Capitol Hill Day to educate your members of Congress
- Networking and social events
- Expo Hall
- And more …
Details coming soon!
Request for Proposals
The call for proposals is out! Get all of the information here.