Thousands of public and private programs are available to help eligible low-income older adults pay for health care, prescriptions, food, and utilities. Yet millions of eligible older adults are missing out on these benefits because they don’t know about the programs or how to apply.
Guide to benefits for seniors
The You Gave, Now Save guide to benefits for seniors provides detailed information about the benefits programs available, who may be eligible, and how to get further information and application assistance. The guide includes benefits related to:
- Health care and prescriptions
- Housing and household utilities
- Income, tax, and legal support
Please contact the Eldercare Locator at 1-800-677-1116 to request print copies of this guide.
Get translated copies of the guide
Our partner n4a recently translated the guide into two languages to help consumers who do not speak English as a first language. Download the guide in:
Print copies of the guides can be ordered from n4a.
Help online and in your community
Several resources are available to help seniors and their loved ones get assistance in identifying and applying for programs that can save them money on health care, food, household utilities, and more.
- NCOA’s BenefitsCheckUp® is the nation’s most comprehensive free, online service to screen seniors with limited income for more than 2,000 public and private benefits available in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- The Eldercare Locator is a public information service of the U.S. Administration for Community Living and administered by n4a. The Locator’s National Call Center is open weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET and serves as a trusted gateway for older adults and caregivers searching for information on benefits, home and community-based services, transportation, and more. Call toll-free 1-800-677-1116.
- NCOA also supports 84 Benefits Enrollment Centers in 43 states, which offer personalized, one-on-one assistance to people with Medicare to find and enroll in all of the benefits for which they may be eligible.