PLEASE JOIN US FOR THESE IMPORTANT EVENTS MAY 11-14
- Planning for the Unexpected: What You Need to Know in the Time of COVID-19: At any moment, a medical crisis can quickly leave family members without the ability to make healthcare decisions on their own. Watch this Facebook Live Q&A with The Conversation Project to get practical tips on having important conversations with loved ones. May 11 @ 2 p.m. ET
- COVID-19 and Health Equity for Older Adults: Join NCOA and partners in New York City, to honor older adults and lift up information, services, and support networks that ensure all older adults have what they need to get through this crisis. May 12 @ 2 p.m. ET
- Young Adult Caregivers and COVID-19: Community Care and Self-Care: Hear our panelists discuss bold ideas on caregiving policy, and offer young and new caregivers the tools and resources to aid their financial and mental health. May 14 @ 2:00 p.m. ET
FOR YOUR MOST URGENT NEEDS
- Do you need meals? Visit Meals on Wheels and Feeding America for options in your zip code.
- Do you need benefits assistance? On BenefitsCheckUp.org, you’ll find options in your state to help with utility bill payments, prescription drug costs, and more.
- Do you need help with Medicare? Get advice from the Senior Medicare Patrol, your local State Health Insurance Assistance Program or from Medicare.gov.
- Are you in distress? Talk with someone at the Disaster Distress Hotline or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
- Do you need transportation? Go to Eldercare Locator for local services.
Staying Healthy, Safe, and Connected
- The Pandemic’s Threat to Older Workers, April 27
- Self-Care During the Covid-19 Outbreak, April 24
- Tips for Homeowners Facing Hardship During the Pandemic, April 14
- COVID-19 and Medications in the News, April 10
- What Congress Has Done For COVID-19 Relief, April 8
- 7 Tips for Managing Your Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic, April 3
- Ensuring Access to Needed Medications, April 2
- Getting the Care You Need via Telemedicine, March 27
- Where to Get Food Help Now, March 24
- 4 Coronavirus Scams to Avoid, March 19
- Staying Healthy While Staying Home, March 18
- Do Your Part to Stem COVID-19: An Intergenerational Call to Action, March 16
- Coronavirus: What Older Adults Need to Know, March 11