The Center for Benefits Access has compiled this clearinghouse of promising practices to share innovative approaches that have worked in improving benefits outreach and enrollment.
These promising practices can help organizations learn how to:
- Find low-income Medicare beneficiaries who may be eligible but not enrolled in benefits, and educate them about the benefits and their potential eligibility
- Help seniors and adults with disabilities to efficiently and effectively apply for benefits
- Learn ways to help those who are enrolled retain their benefits without any gaps in coverage
Core benefits programs
The promising practices highlighted below are concerned primarily with helping low-income seniors and persons with disabilities enroll in the following programs:
- Medicare Part D Low-Income Subsidy (LIS/Extra Help)
- Medicare Savings Programs (MSPs)
- State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs (SPAPs)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Share your promising practices
We encourage you to help us build this clearinghouse and share your good work with others so that tactics that are effective in one community can be adopted in other areas. If you have a promising practice to share, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access the clearinghouse
Use the links below to find promising practices related to finding potentially eligible individuals, conducting outreach, assisting with applications, and helping them retain their benefits.