Public and private benefits are a lifeline to helping low-income people with Medicare age well. But research has shown that there are still many barriers to enrollment in these programs, including knowledge of benefits and how to apply.
Boost Your Budget™ Week: Find Your Benefits to Age Well aims to change that! This national campaign will unite aging and disability service providers under a common charge to:
- Educate low-income Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers about the benefits available to help improve their economic security and health
- Connect individuals to online (BenefitsCheckUp®) and community-based resources for screening and application assistance
When is Boost Your Budget™ Week?
Boost Your Budget ™ Week was originally scheduled to take place during the second week of April (April 13-17, 2020). However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the official launch of the campaign was rescheduled for July 13-17, 2020. You are welcome to continue to use these materials in your outreach messaging, but we urge you to consider follow your local guidelines about physical distancing at this time.
One campaign, multiple possibilities
NCOA welcomes the participation of any community or state agency that is working to assist low-income seniors and adults with disabilities to enroll in benefits. There is no limit on what your organization may do to draw attention to your services. For example, you may wish to:
- Host a benefits screening booth as part of a health or tax assistance fair
- Sponsor a “telethon” at your local radio or TV station
- Run ads in local newspapers or on social media
- Invite media, legislators, and the public to tour your facility and learn about the importance of benefits for your community
Use our tools to learn more!