- Nutrition = Healthy Aging and Long Term Supports and Services (2015)
- This White House Conference on Aging Listening Session is approved for Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDNs), and Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTN) under Activity Type 175 in accordance with Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDN) guidelines. RDNs may claim up to 15 Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs) under this Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Activity Type in a recertification cycle; DTRs may claim up to 10 CPEUs.
- Creating a Business Plan for Evidence-Based Health Promotion Programs
- This NCOA training can help community-based organizations enhance the reach and impact of their programs. Sustainability resources and examples also are available.
- Aging Mastery Program®
- NCOA has developed a 10-class curriculum for older adults, including an elective class on how to prevent malnutrition. The program is appropriate for activity directors and other health care professionals who wish to educate their older adult population.
- The American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
This site provides educational programs and resources to support interdisciplinary health care professionals seeking to assess, augment, or confirm their knowledge of nutrition across a variety of health care settings. You must be a member of ASPEN to access these features:
- Live Clinical Nutrition Webinars
- Self-Assessment Programs
- Free Lecture of the Month
- Abbott Nutrition Health Institute
The institute provides free evidence-based nutrition education, as well as clinical and professional development topics for dietitians, nurses, case managers, physicians, and nutrition researchers.
- Adult Malnutrition Certification (7.0 RN CE/ 7.0 RD CPEU)
- Finding Patients at Nutritional Risk: A Case-Based Scenario (1.0 Nurse Contact Hours, 1.0 Dietitian CPEU, 1.0 Case Manager Credit)
- Improving Patient Outcomes: Comprehensively Addressing Malnutrition in the Hospital (1.0 Nurse Contact Hours, 1.0 Dietitian CPEU)
- Improving Patient Outcomes: Interdisciplinary Approach to Recognizing and Treating Malnutrition (1.0 Nurse Contact Hours, 1.0 Dietitian CPEU)
- Oral Nutritional Supplements: A Solution for a Recurrent Problem? (1.0 Nurse Contact Hours, 1.0 Dietitian CPEU)
- Putting Malnutrition Screening, Assessment, Diagnosis, and Intervention into Practice (1.0 Nurse Contact Hours, 1.0 Dietitian CPEU)
- The Impact of Early Nutrition Screening and Intervention on Reducing Unnecessary Hospital Readmissions (1.0 Nurse Contact Hours, 1.0 Dietitian CPEU)
Do you have a new resource that you think should be added to the hub? Send it to us for review at firstname.lastname@example.org.