*Some journals may require log-in information and/or payment to access.
- Arnaud-Battandier F, Malvy D, Jeandel C, et al. Use of oral supplements in malnourished elderly patients living in the community: a pharmaco-economic study. Clin Nutr. 2004; 23:1096-103.
- Buys DR, Locher JL. What Does the Evidence Reveal Regarding Home- and Community-Based Nutrition Services for Older Adults?. J Nutr Gerontol Geriatr. 2015;34(2):81-4.
- Campbell AD, Godfryd A, Buys DR, et al. Does participation in home-delivered meals programs improve outcomes for older adults? Results of a Systematic Review. J Nutr Gerontol Geriatr. 2015;34(2):124-67.
- Cawood AL, Elia M, Sharp SK, et al. Malnutrition self-screening by using MUST in hospital outpatients: validity, reliability, and ease of use. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012;96(5):1000-7.
- Collins S, Sadler K, Dent N, et al. Key issues in the success of community-based management of severe malnutrition. Food Nutr Bull. 2006;27(3 Suppl):S49-82.
- Deutz NE, Matheson EM, Matarese LE, et al. Readmission and mortality in malnourished, older, hospitalized adults treated with a specialized oral nutritional supplement: A randomized clinical trial. Clin Nutr. 2016;35(1):18-26.
- Elia M, Normand C, Laviano A, Norman K. A systematic review of the cost and cost effectiveness of using standard oral nutritional supplements in community and care home settings. Clin Nutr. 2016; 35:125-37.
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (May 2016). Malnutrition Focused Edition
- Lauque S, Arnaud-Battandier F, Mansourian R, et al. Protein-energy oral supplementation in malnourished nursing-home residents. A control trial. Age Ageing. 2000; 29: 51-56.
- Lloyd JL, Wellman NS. Older Americans Act Nutrition Programs: A Community-Based Nutrition Program Helping Older Adults Remain at Home. J Nutr Gerontol Geriatr. 2015;34(2):90-109.
- Mabli J, Redel N, Cohen R, et al. Process Evaluation of Older Americans Act Title III-C Nutrition Services Program. Mathematica Policy Research. 2015:1-65.
- Mueller C, Compher C, Ellen DM. S.P.E.N. clinical guidelines: Nutrition screening, assessment, and intervention in adults. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2011;35(1):16-24.
- Norman K, Pirlich M, Smoliner C, et al. Cost-effectiveness of a 3-month intervention with oral nutritional supplements in disease-related malnutrition: a randomised controlled pilot study. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011; 65(6):735.
- Payette H, Boutier V, Coulombe C, Gray-Donald K. Benefits of nutritional supplementation in free-living, frail, undernourished elderly people: A prospective randomized community trial. J Am Diet Assoc. 2002;102:1088-95
- Pryke R, Lopez B. Managing malnutrition in the community: we will all gain from finding and feeding the frail. Br J Gen Pract. 2013;63(610):233-4.
- Skipper A, Ferguson M, Thompson K, Castellanos VH, Porcari J. Nutrition screening tools: an analysis of the evidence. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2012;36(3):292-8.
- Stratton R, Elia M. Encouraging appropriate, evidence-based use of oral nutritional supplements. P Nutr Soc. 2010; 69: 477-87.
- Stratton R, Hebuterne X, Elia M. A systematic review and meta-analysis of the impact of oral nutritional supplements on hospital readmissions. Ageing Res Rev. 2013; 12:884-97.
- Stratton R. Summary of a systematic review on oral nutritional supplement use in the community. P Nutr Soc. 2000; 59:469-76.
- Sulo S, Goates S, Partridge J, et al. A cost-benefit analysis of a rapid, comprehensive oral nutritional supplement quality-improvement program from malnourished hospitalized patients. 2016.
- Tabbush V, Coulourides K, Mosqueda L, et al. The Scan Foundation Brief: Person-centered care in today’s health care environment, the business case is stronger than ever.
- Thomas KS, Dosa D. More than a meal: Pilot Research Study. 2015:1-21.
- Watson K, Farrell M, Arensberg MB, et al. Nutrition as a Vital Sign: Progress Since the 1990 Multidisciplinary Nutrition Screening Initiative and Opportunities for Nursing. J Nurs Care. 2015;4:224. doi:10.4172/2167-1168.1000224
- Webb D. Retail RDs’ impact on public health. Today’s Dietitian. 2015. 17(3):40.
- Wright L, Vance L, Sudduth C, et al. The Impact of a Home-Delivered Meal Program on Nutritional Risk, Dietary Intake, Food Security, Loneliness, and Social Well-Being. J Nutr Gerontol Geriatr. 2015;34(2):218-27.
- Frontiers Research Topic: Evidence-based Programming for Older Adults (2015)
- Editorial and opinion pieces related to healthy aging.
- Heartbreaking Stories of Hunger Among America’s Elderly (2013)
- This Huffington Post article, which originally appeared on Take Part, highlights the story of older adults facing hunger, including one man’s efforts to start an all too popular food bank.
- In Sunlit Paradise, Seniors Go Hungry (2015)
- This article highlights the plight of food insecure seniors, and in particular the story of those living in Florida.
- Kentucky Department for Aging and Independent Living (2016)
- This one-pager outlines Kentucky’s malnutrition programs and the steps they are taking to combat malnutrition in their community.
- Malnutrition in Older Adults (2015)
- This Today’s Dietitian article provides an overview of malnutrition among older adults and specifically tells the story of an 81-year old man who called 911 asking for food. Intended for registered dietitians.
Do you have a new resource that you think should be added to the hub? Send it to us for review at firstname.lastname@example.org.