* indicates a resource that is also consumer/patient-friendly
- Malnutrition: An Older Adult Crisis*
- This DefeatMalnutrition.Today infographic underscores the health care costs associated with malnutrition, related negative health outcomes, and how to improve older adult nutrition care.
- 5 Facts About Malnutrition (2016)*
- This NCOA infographic features five important facts about malnutrition and seniors.
- Preventing Malnutrition After a Hospital Stay: 6 Questions to Ask Your Doctor (2016)*
- This NCOA infographic offers tips on how older adults entering the hospital can plan ahead to get the nutrition they need during their hospital stay and when they return home.
- What is Malnutrition? (2016)*
- This Gerontological Society of America (GSA) infographic briefly describes the causes of older adult malnutrition and what it means to have good nutrition.
- Identifying Malnutrition (2016)*
- This GSA infographic briefly describes the top six recognized signs of malnutrition, as well as common causes of malnutrition.
- Food Availability (2014)*
- This AARP Foundation infographic highlights shopping habits of low-income older adults, including what individuals feel is needed to make it easier to eat a nutritious diet.
- Assessing Food Insecurity (2014)*
- This AARP Foundation infographic highlights some of the specific hardships low-income older adults face in making healthy food purchasing decisions, how often they purchase nutritious foods, and where individuals turn for nutrition information.
- Nourish Your Muscles as You Age*
- This Abbott overview and infographic provides helpful information about staying strong as you age.
- Alliance to Advance Patient Nutrition: Approach to Interdisciplinary Nutrition Care (2014)*
- This flowchart outlines the steps needed – from hospital admission to discharge – as well as the interdisciplinary nature of treating an individual who is malnourished or at-risk for malnutrition.
Do you have a new resource that you think should be added to the hub? Send it to us for review at email@example.com.