In an effort to streamline the National Senior Center Accreditation process, the National Institute of Senior Centers (NISC) is launching a pilot program to test an online version of the accreditation process. The reaccreditation process was also streamlined to reduce redundancy between accreditations.
Thirteen sites that have already been accredited previously were selected to participate in the pilot:
- Anchorage Senior Activity Center, AK
- Arlington Heights Senior Center, IL
- Center in the Park, PA
- Derby Senior Center, KS
- AgeWell at the JCC, PA
- The Lourie Center, SC
- Raleigh County Commission on Aging, WV
- Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, NC
- Jerry M. Passmore Center, NC
- Seymour Center, NC
- Winona Friendship Center, MN
Results from this pilot will be shared in 2021, with the hope to make it available more broadly at that time.