Resources to help you find up-to-date information on the widespread COVID-19 pandemic.
Download and share the latest Ad Council PSAs that help provide critical and urgent messages about the coronavirus and how it impacts older adults.
If you or your organization works with older adults, use these resources to get best practices, share tips, and see what leading authorities are recommending during the COVID-19 pandemic. The following tools and resources can help you navigate the coronavirus and its impact on older Americans, including emergency protocols, coverage of testing and treatment, and how to connect with local officials.
Recent COVID-19 Resources from NCOA
- Grand Rounds: Access webinars NCOA co-hosted with ACL on offering chronic disease self-management and falls prevention programs remotely.
- NCOA survey reveals that community-based organizations struggle with shifting needs during the pandemic.
- Medicare Coverage During Coronavirus Q&A
- The Pandemic's Threat to Older Workers
- Senior Centers Connect: Get our toolkit for tips to promote social connection for senior center participants when your center is closed.
- Changes to Medicaid Under the Public Health Emergency (March 12, 2021)
- Young Adult Caregivers and COVID-19: Community Care and Self-Care (May 14, 2020)
- COVID-19 and Health Equity for Older Adults (May 12, 2020)
- Recent webinars (slides and recordings) from The Center for Benefits Access, including information as it relates to MIPPA/SHIP grantees (Ongoing)
- Tools and Tips for Reaching a Remote Audience (April 1, 2020), access related resources:
- Delivering Aging Mastery® Online (March 20, 2020)
Tips and Tools for Serving Your Clients/Participants
Have a client who needs emergency assistance? Find our resources for older adults and caregivers if they are in need of urgent relief.
- Practical tips for meals and other package delivery from NCOA, the National Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging (hosted by Meals on Wheels of America), and the American Occupational Therapy Association
- Successful Practices for Telework & Outreach: Tips from the MIPPA, Senior Medicare Patrol, and SHIP Resource Centers
- COVID-19 Resource Guide: Terminology for Virtual Programming
From NCOA National Partners
- COVID-19 Fraud Alerts and Resources, from the Senior Medicare Patrol Resource Center
- Counselor fact sheet: Medicare coverage and coronavirus: A fact sheet developed by the SHIP TA Center
- Tools for public health and community action: A toolkit for public health professionals drawn from authoritative resources; compiled by the Center for Community Health and Development at the University of Kansas
- Operating Volunteer Driver Programs in a Pandemic: Tips from the National Aging & Disability Transportation Center
- Toolkit: Senior nutrition network COVID-19 response townhall from the National Resource Center on Nutrition & Aging
This is the official government website with information about the outbreak.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Get updated information for people at higher risk for complications from COVID-19, including older adults and people with chronic health conditions.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 Vaccine Resource page for vulnerable populations
See how Medicare is responding to COVID-19. Also check out the waivers given to states to expand their capabilities to address the pandemic.
- USDA Food and Nutrition Service
Learn about the waivers being offered to states to expand access to key nutrition programs
Get the details on who and when to expect the latest round of economic impact payments.
Learn how Medicaid and CHIP will cover and pay for COVID-19 testing and benefits in this fact sheet.
- Administration for Community Living
Get guidance specifically for ACL grantees and programs.
- Social Security
Stay up-to-date on developments with Social Security benefits during the pandemic.
- Veterans Administration
Find out where veterans can go for testing and treatment if they suspect they have coronavirus. Also check out the Older Veteran Behavioral Health Resource Inventory, a comprehensive list of links shows where to send older veterans for services outside of the VA system.
- World Health Organization
Stay updated on what’s happening across the globe.