NCOA has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Manager in its Crystal City, VA office.
This position will work closely with the Chief People Officer in the organizational refresh of NCOA’s policies, systems, practices, compliance, talent management, payroll, and project management
Incumbent serves as an expert in US labor law and compliance, has a strong understanding of the partnership between human resources and business partners.
We Are NCOA, and we believe every person deserves to age well. That’s why we’re on a path to improve the lives of 40 million older adults by 2030. NCOA, a national voice for every person's right to age well, has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Manager in its Crystal City, VA office.
This position will work closely with the Chief People Officer in the organizational refresh of NCOA’s policies, systems, practices, compliance, talent management, payroll, and project management. Incumbent serves as an expert in US labor law and compliance, has a strong understanding of the partnership between human resources and business partners, and serves as an advisor to the Chief People Officer.
Ideal candidate will:
- Serve as a trusted adviser to internal stakeholders by developing solid relationships at all levels.
- Partners with the Chief People Officer to identify, integrate, and deliver effective HR services (e.g. talent management and development, organizational design and effectiveness change management, strategic consultation and coaching, and employee relations and engagement strategies).
- Serve as an ambassador of talent management and provide development coaching and training to all levels of employees.
- Partner closely with department leads to ensure the successful implementation of HR solutions and programs throughout NCOA.
- Use tools and knowledge and other information sources to identify business trends and ensure that appropriate solutions are in place to predict, support, and mitigate risk factors.
- Serves as project manager on key human resource projects, implementation, and efforts.
- Shares the responsibility of processing the bi-weekly payroll within ADP WorkforceNow with the HR generalist.
- Supervise, develop, and grow the HR generalist and administrative assistant.
Ideal education & experience should include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field, with 10+ years of human resources experience, of which, at least 2 years must be at a senior HR generalist or manager level.
- Recent experience with managing and processing payroll, preferably with ADP WorkforceNow.
- Demonstrated history of inspiring employees to adopt best practices in HR.
- Compelling and naturally persuasive communication skills with the ability to influence the direction of the ultimate outcome in a collaborative manner; ability to communicate decisions in a style that reflects a team-oriented culture.
- Ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches to affect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of HR within the organization.
- Solid professional presence with excellent communication and operational instincts; good strategic skills and sound business judgment.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting multiple projects simultaneously with a solid focus on results.
- Dynamic leadership and interpersonal skills including persuasion, coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution.
- Proficient in leading, attracting, hiring, retaining, and developing high-performing teams and individuals.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to email@example.com. Please title your email as, “Human Resources Manager”.
NCOA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NCOA believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.