The Healthy Aging Programs Integrated Database (HAPI-D), housed at NCOA, can receive data from any organization that wants to track data for their evidence-based health promotion programs.
As NCOA transitions from the legacy databases (The National CDSME Database and the National Falls Prevention Database) to the new database, HAPI-D, NCOA will permit data importing using the existing CDSME and Falls Excel template to MoveIt until December 31, 2023.
Moving forward, grantees must set up an API connection between their vendor database and HAPI-D for any bulk data uploads.
NCOA recognizes that many organizations and grantees already collect evidence-based program data through other data systems. This can be entered into a third-party vendor’s database or your organization’s in-house data system. For this reason, we permit grantees to submit data to NCOA in bulk, rather than having staff re-enter data into our database.
In the current process, grantees submit bulk data by formatting data to either the CDSME or Falls Prevention data importing templates and submitting the file through MoveIt.com. However, NCOA will be pivoting from this approach, as we migrate users and accounts from the legacy databases, National CDSME and Falls Prevention Databases, to the new database, HAPI-D.
This will be a critical year of transition. All grantees are welcome to work with NCOA to set up a rest API between their preferred vendor and the new database, HAPI-D. We anticipate that NCOA’s database and technical teams will be ready to begin testing the API set-up in Quarter 2, 2023. We will work with individual vendors on a rolling basis throughout 2023. Contact Angelica Herrera-Venson (email@example.com) if your organization is interested in this arrangement, so we can coordinate an initial meeting to explain the process. Setting up the API will require grantees to commit resources, technical staff, and time.
IMPORTANT: NCOA will continue to permit grantees to submit data using the existing data import process (involving the submission of an Excel template to MoveIt) through December 2023.
However, NCOA intends to discontinue importing data through Excel templates through MoveIt, beginning Jan. 1, 2024. Some vendors will not be suitable candidates for the rest API set-up. Grantees always have the option to enter data manually into HAPI-D.
Permitting data uploads using the Excel template has been a service that has been provided by NCOA for many years but is unsustainable long-term. This is not a service mandated by the Administration for Community Living.
How often should I submit workshop data to NCOA to import?
CDSME and Falls grantee organizations submitting data through the data import process, using the CDSME or Falls templates, should be aware of the following:
- ACL and NCOA request that data submissions to NCOA occur AT LEAST once per quarter.
- Grantees with smaller total grant targets (<500) may submit smaller batches of data more frequently, if desired. For example:
- Every other month OR
- Once they reach 4 workshops or 100 participants
- Regular data submissions allow NCOA and ACL to get the most current view of your progress in meeting your grant’s goals and overall program activity.
- Monthly reports from NCOA to ACL will only report out what is visible in the databases.
- Semi-annual reports you provide to ACL should only reflect what is visible in the database, and not be altered.
Instructions to Import Data Through MoveIt
- Visit https://ncoa.moveitcloud.com
- Choose the option “Register and Send Files”
- Follow the instructions to enter your email address.
- For the recipient email:
- CDSME: Enter Divya Tangirala (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy Angelica Herrera-Venson (email@example.com) and Ben Kean (Ben.Kean@ncoa.org).
- Falls Prevention: Enter Meghan Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copy Angelica Herrera-Venson (email@example.com) and Ben Kean (Ben.Kean@ncoa.org).
- You will receive an email from MoveIT. Use this email to log into the site and set your password.
- Once logged into the site, use the “Send Package” button to submit the data migration file (template below).
- Contact Angelica Herrera-Venson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about this process.