NCOA has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Marketing & Business Development Officer in its Crystal City, VA office.
This position will be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of NCOA’s marketing and business development strategies and activities.
The CMBDO oversees the development and implementation of planning and support materials for marketing, branding, and corporate communications and leads business development efforts, strategic growth objectives, capture management, and proposal management.
We Are NCOA, and we believe every person deserves to age well. That’s why we’re on a path to improve the lives of 40 million older adults by 2030. NCOA, a national voice for every person's right to age well, has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Marketing & Business Development Officer in its Crystal City, VA office.
This position will be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of NCOA’s marketing and business development strategies and activities. The CMBDO oversees the development and implementation of planning and support materials for marketing, branding, and corporate communications; directs and delivers marketing and graphic content; leads business development efforts, strategic growth objectives; capture management; proposal management; heavily engages in the building of strategic partnerships in collaboration with the Executive team; and develops and leads the work of dispersed fund development efforts carried out under department leads.
Ideal candidate will:
- Create, implement, oversee, and measure the success of a comprehensive, dynamic, and culturally competent marketing strategy and program that will enhance NCOA’s position within the marketplace, facilitate internal and external communications, and support NCOA’s overall strategy and objectives within nonprofit resources and realities.
- Provide the strategic leadership for all existing and new business development activities with primary focus on three core models: Social Enterprise, Traditional Fundraising, and Government Program implementation.
- Further define, protect, promote and grow awareness of the NCOA’s 70-year old brand.
- Plan, organize, and align corporate communications, business development, strategic partnerships, and digital engagement functions and operations and ensure they project NCOA’s unique voice.
- Establish a thought leadership outreach plan to actively engage key stakeholders around shared goals in support of addressing changing systemic issues in the aging ecosystem, so all Americans can age well.
- Implement and execute short- and long-term plans and budgets to achieve marketing, and business development goals and financial objectives, including the establishment and achievement of Key Performance Indicators.
- Oversee planning, design, production, and distribution of NCOA public relations, marketing, sales, and customer service activities, promotional campaigns, and print and electronic materials.
- Create, implement, oversee and measure the success of comprehensive, of multi-year business development strategies that include, engagement plans for current and future customers (B2B, B2B2C, D2C), setting of financial targets for specific customers, and determining and allocation of dollars for maximum ROI across capture and proposal efforts.
- Lead the organization in capture of new business opportunities through identification of opportunities and development and growth of a robust, qualified pipeline in accordance with NCOA’s business forecasts, strategic plans, and core capabilities and experience.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on planning and implementing relevant business development and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration to drive growth.
- Liaise with other areas of NCOA to guide a unified approach to serving customers, distribution, etc., that meets market demands.
- Stimulate media interest and ensure regular contact with target media and timely responses to media requests (in conjunction with contracted consultants where needed and feasible).
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships with industry leaders in support of NCOA’s key priorities to scale impact and triple bottom line goals.
- Devise a robust social media/digital engagement and intelligence capability to measure ongoing consumer engagement with NCOA’s programs and products and advocacy efforts and reactivate dormant consumers through targeted retention campaigns.
- Partner with IT to drive customer engagement and growth.
- Work creatively and efficiently within limited budget to build a high performing team of communications, marketing, and business development professionals.
Ideal education & experience should include:
- An advanced degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Prior experience working in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors.
- At least 15 years of relevant brand management, business development, capture management, marketing communications, web, and corporate communications experience.
- At least 5 years in senior management (vice president or above) in an organization of similar or larger size, scope, and budget as NCOA.
- Capability to create and execute vision and holistic marketing and business development strategy across the organization to influence key stakeholders (including senior leaders) on the design and implementation of products.
- Proficient in leading, attracting, hiring, retaining, and developing high-performing teams and individuals.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across departments and as a key member of the senior leadership team.
- A relationship builder who is trusted, creative, collaborative, persuasive, dependable, and possesses high ethical standards.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to email@example.com. Please title your email as, “Chief Marketing & Business Development Officer”.
NCOA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NCOA believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.