The NCOA Graduate Student Fellowship Program provides an opportunity for graduate and professional students who have a passion for working on behalf of older Americans broad exposure to transformational work in the field of aging.
About the program
Our program provides students with real-world experience in improving the lives of vulnerable older adults, particularly in the areas of economic security and healthy aging. All Student Fellows receive a stipend.
The summer program runs 10 weeks full-time from late May to early August.
Students may work in one or more of the following areas* within NCOA:
- Benefits Access, including Medicare, Medicaid, SNAP, LIHEAP, and more
- Evidence-Based Health Programs
* Assignments are based on qualifications, but preferences of accepted Fellows will be accommodated as much as possible.
The NCOA office is located near Washington DC, in Arlington, VA, directly above the Crystal City Metro Station.
How to apply
To apply, please send an email with your name as the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must include the following items:
- A cover letter that addresses all of the requirements listed below
- A copy of your current resume
- A writing sample
- Two references, including at least one from a recent internship or employment supervisor
Cover letter requirements
Your cover letter must include the following information:
- Expected graduation date
- Specify your interest in benefits access or evidence-based health programs
After you apply
Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applications for the summer program close on January 19, 2018.
If you have any further questions, please contact us.