NCOA is seeking a Digital Communications Specialist to execute and enhance NCOA’s brand and communications activities through social media and email. The Specialist is responsible for managing NCOA’s social media accounts and email newsletters. The Specialist reports on the results of these efforts by gathering, analyzing, and sharing online metrics.
- Manage all NCOA social media platforms, including creating and posting content in accordance with NCOA’s editorial calendar
- Listen and respond to online conversations, including hosting and participating in Twitter chats, Facebook Live events, and other opportunities
- Implement proactive campaigns to better engage followers and grow NCOA’s audience base
- Train and support NCOA staff and leadership in becoming more involved in social media to advance NCOA’s goals
- Provide social media support for NCOA thought leaders and executives
- Work with program staff to use social media platforms for a variety of purposes, including advocacy, outreach, and education around NCOA’s core issues
- Stay current on all social media best practices and policies to ensure that NCOA is using all platforms in the most effective manner possible
- Serve as in-house expert on email communications
- Produce and publish weekly and monthly e-newsletters and other email messages for various NCOA audiences
- Produce quarterly email engagement campaigns to raise money through donations and reengage prospects
- Create and implement drip email marketing streams to nurture and engage NCOA constituents over time
- Stay current on email marketing best practices and policies to ensure that NCOA is using this channel in the most effective manner possible
- Establish benchmarks for social media and email performance
- Collect and analyze online metrics related to social media and email
- Produce monthly dashboard of top findings and recommendations for improvement to the Communications team
Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in journalism, communications, or digital marketing, with impeccable writing and editing skills (samples will be requested)
- Strong written and oral communication skills with both professional and consumer audiences
- Solid understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Demonstrated experience growing a social media following and email engagement metrics
- Knowledge of and/or ability to quickly learn new technology, including WordPress, Pardot, Salesforce, and Google Analytics
- Motivated, self-starter able to work independently as well as collaboratively with the Communications team and all NCOA staff to advance communications objectives
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines, as well as creatively solve problems and look for efficiencies and ways to improve NCOA’s communications and systems
- Photo/video/graphic design experience a plus
- Great communicator. You communicate and coordinate effectively at every level. You have excellent oral and written communication.
- Collaborative work style. You have a collaborative work style and are able to work across departments to get the results and support you need while maintaining relationships.
- Mission driven. You understand the big picture and can easily see how your work translates into social impact. You are passionate about NCOA’s mission, the issues we care about, and the people we serve.
- Adaptable. You are able to anticipate and respond to change in a fast-paced environment on a daily basis. You demonstrate a willingness to learn new ways of approaching your work to achieve better results.
- Autonomous. Although we stay in close communication with each other, we do not micromanage. We trust you to do your job well without much supervision.
- Creative. You understand the big picture and seize opportunities as they arise. You are intellectually curious and a strong consensus builder; you consistently identify new ways to make things better.
- Detail oriented. You have command of both the process and the details. You are known for your accuracy and you get it done right the first time. You go beyond knowing what needs to be done, but also understand why it needs to be done.
- Listener. You solicit input, listen to what is being said, share information when appropriate, and welcome and respect divergent points of view.
- Priority management. You switch from long-range needs to crisis-of-the-moment with agility and ease. You really “get” what is a priority and can independently prioritize.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- For more than 65 years, NCOA has made improving the lives of older adults our passion and our mission. NCOA is a highly-regarded national institution.
- Your work will be highly visible and critical to promotion of NCOA’s programs and resources.
- The work you do today will have an impact for decades to come.
- Your work provides a direct and immediate service: supporting community-based organizations to strengthen programs and services that increase the quality and years of life for millions of older Americans.
- This is an intellectually stimulating environment and an organization that works passionately and enthusiastically to fulfill the goals of our programs and our overarching mission.
- Your experience, opinions, and expertise are valued—what you bring to the table is vital to our success.
- We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, a 403(b)-retirement plan with a generous contribution, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, education assistance and more.
- NCOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to these principles. We value and welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage all minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply.
Simply email your resume to Rina Pennacchia at firstname.lastname@example.org with “NCOA – Digital Communications Specialist” as the subject of the email.