NCOA believes that every person deserves the knowledge and support to age with their best possible health and security. Our social impact goal is to improve the health and economic security of 40 million older adults by 2030, especially those who are struggling. NCOA’s flagship product, BenefitsCheckUp®, is central to our social impact and business strategies. Since 2001, BenefitsCheckUp® has helped more than 8 million people find over $30 billion in benefits. Our benefits database includes thousands of programs that help pay for medications, healthcare, food and nutrition, income assistance, housing and utilities, tax relief, veterans, employment, etc.
The Content and Research Specialist will report to the Associate Director, Content and Research Management and be part of the newly formed product management team. The Specialist will help execute content strategy for NCOA digital products as a content contributor for BenefitsCheckUp® and My Medicare Matters®. Primary focus will be researching public benefits programs and then building out parameters and content in a proprietary rules engine and WordPress, a content management tool.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be curious, extremely organized and detail-oriented; enjoy researching public benefits; and be comfortable defining logic rules and using WordPress to update content.
- Conduct research and succinctly summarize information regarding benefits programs such as Medicaid, Medicare Savings Programs, tax relief, and utility assistance
- Contribute content to rules engine (currently in-house built “Data Collector”) and WordPress
- Serve as content SME within NCOA, championing changes that will increase usage, satisfaction and effectiveness, and using cross-functional collaboration to transform problems into solutions to meet client needs
- Support content life cycle for client implementations and partnership engagements, including maintenance and issue resolution
- Evaluate overall content effectiveness by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Assess market competition by comparing our products to competitors’ products to inform product roadmap
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven ability to research complex topics on the Internet and translate to consumable content
- Advanced organizational skills with extraordinary attention to detail
- Proven ability to be a proactive thinker who can handle multiple projects at once and successfully prioritize tasks and deliverables
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and team collaboration software (e.g., Confluence, Jira)
- Mission driven. You understand the big picture and can easily translate our objectives into social impact.
- Customer oriented. Internal and external stakeholders respect you for your knowledge and abilities and find you both approachable and responsive.
- Autonomous and collaborative. While we work closely together, we trust you to exercise independent judgment, do your job well, and know when to seek guidance from senior staff.
- Commitment to cultural competency. You have a personal approach that understands and values the individual and respects differences.
- Highly organized. You have excellent organizational skills. You efficiently track the necessary details and effectively disseminate information.
- Organization agility. You understand how organizations work, where to build relationships, and how to get results through other people.
- Adaptable. You are able to anticipate and respond to change in a fast-paced environment on a daily basis and demonstrate a willingness to learn new ways of approaching your work to achieve better results.
- Inquisitive. You enjoy learning new things and like to collect and share information. You don’t wait for things to happen—you initiate action and make things happen.
What’s attractive to the right candidate?
- Your work will be highly visible and critical to NCOA’s social impact goals.
- The work you do today will have an impact for decades to come on the lives of older adults.
- Your work provides a direct and immediate service: supporting community-based organizations to strengthen programs and services that increase the quality and years of life for millions of older Americans.
- This is an intellectually stimulating environment and an organization that works passionately and enthusiastically to fulfill the goals of our programs and our overarching mission.
- Your experience, opinions, and expertise are valued—what you bring to the table is vital to our success.
- We offer a competitive compensation plan including incentive and bonus programs based on achieving performance objectives; 3 weeks’ vacation; sick leave; holidays; flexible scheduling/telework after meeting the employment and performance requirements; maternity/paternity leave, health insurance; contributions to a 403(b) plan; short- and long-term disability; and life insurance.
- NCOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to these principles. We value and welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage all minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply.
Simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “NCOA – Specialist, Content and Research (BCU/MMM)” as the subject of the email.